Saturday, February 13, 2010

World's Most Boring Place




The World’s Most Boring Place


Ever given it a thought what makes a place boring or interesting......??? Hardly matters whether you have or haven’t because by the time you would end up reading this one, you would definitely agree to what I’ve got to say and possibly would even sympathize with me and I’m sure some of you would want to actually come and lend me your shoulder so that I can shed a couple of tears and lighten up my soul a bit.....

Well first things first........ It’s really very easy to identify a boring place...... Dropping n heavy eyes, hands trying to cover face to hide a yawn..... N what not.......

What interests one person might be hell boring for another one... I know it’s really obvious but then just felt like restating it....... While writing this article I asked a lot of my friends as to which place do they find to be the most boring n I got a number of interesting answers…. One of my friend said that according to him the most boring place is a movie hall when the movie is hell boring and he’s all alone, according to my cousin it’s a classroom, another friend of mine said its standing on a traffic signal waiting for the light to turn green, one of them said it’s the bathroom (well I don really agree to this one coz personally I believe that this is the place where the brightest of all ideas take shape, but then I’m open to all opinions) and last but not the least two of my friend said that no place in this world is boring and each place has its own charm…. Well for them all I can say is you will definitely have to reframe your opinion once you are done reading this note of mine……

Well I have realized that there is one such place which is boring for each n every person under the sun.... I’m sure some people would say that they really don’t find this place boring but then all I can say about them is that they are big time liars n losers too........

I know you might have started boiling and would be wanting to know that after all which place am I talking about n where d hell in this world is it situated….. Well this place is existent in almost each in every city of the world n if you haven’t guessed it yet then I’m talking about “Finance Class”

Yes you got that right…. I know I know being a finance major student how can I even dare to say that but then this is the ultimate truth no matter what….

We have classes of minors n core from mon to wed n from thu to sat we have the major classes n trust me I just cant even attempt to explain you that coz of this very reason how much have I begun to hate thu, fri n sat (though sat happens to be my favorite day in the week as I’m a sat born)

Ever attended or even peeped into a class in which a hard core finance lecture is going on…..? If yes then you would be able relate really well with whatever I’m gonna describe now and if not then come I’ll take you on a trip to a finance class (I know that sounds really pathetic. I have written it as if I would be taking you to a trip to heaven. But then give me a chance n I’ll try to make it as interesting as possible)

A finance class – you would find a bunch of studious n worlds most serious looking faces over here n the worst part is though these guys are already very serious looking kinds still they put in efforts to look all the more serious and guess what they end up looking big time losers…….. Then you have a villain of the class…. Yes yes you are going on the right track n you got that absolutely right…. I’m talking about the teacher….. Trust me man these finance teachers are no less then villains who try their level best to convince you that you are the biggest “duffers” the universe has ever witnessed…..Their mere entry into the class can turn your glowing n smiling face into a rotten apple (I know that sounds pathetic but then that’s how it is….. sorry guys really cant help it) n then this chap would come into the class utter some non-sense which none of the warriors of the class can make out…. Trust me they use such heavy words that you feel as if somebody is throwing stones or rather I must say the whole mountain or even better the Mt. Everest on you n then all that you can do is try try n keeping trying to get at least a word out of that garbage….. And in the end all your efforts go in vain…. You can never be a winner in this game and possibly this is the only movie wherein right from beginning till the end it’s the hero who losses and villains are the ultimate winners….

I must really appreciate one thing about these finance teachers – “They are masters in the art of converting the simplest of things into the must complicated of all” (trust me if a finance guy happens to read this he would even be wanting to argue whether this is an art or a science… that’s how the finance people are…. You just can do nothing about them) I mean there are no concepts which can’t be explained using simple language but then the finance teachers…. They seek an inexplicable pleasure in using the finance Jargons which sound like name of some aliens….. N then when you are not able to understand those heavy words (acc to them the finance terminology) they seek super pleasure in insulting you in front of hundred n ten people…. Making you realize that you are the biggest mistake your parents ever committed n guess what you actually begin to feel like rushing back home n give a good bashing to your parents for making this blunder…….

So the next time onward even if you get the head not tail of whatever is going on in the class you just don’t dare to open your mouth n all you do is silently curse the man standing before you, trying his level best to convert you into a patient of brain tumor….

Another thing that the finance guys learn really well in the two years jail they are put to is that they know how to keep a flat face n show that they are getting every bit of what the other person is puttering no matter they are actually feeling like the Eshaan Avasthi of Taare Zameen Par. They keep moving their head in consensus after every few minutes to show that they are able to understand every thing that’s being taught… Sometimes you would find that they are moving their head even if you ask them a question or even when they are outside the class…. Poor souls they develop this habit so badly that they just cant help it……

Another thing which you get to notice in a finance class is no matter whenever you peep in the class, be it the beginning or the ending of a lecture you will always find someone or the other looking into his/ her watch or cell phone in a manner that the devil standing before him doesn’t comes to know that you are checking the time coz according to them its their insult..… I can say all this with a lot confidence because even I’m a finance gal (I know, but cant help it) and even I have developed this habit of looking into my watch every now n then and if you really have a heart to believe then I even sleep with my watch stuck in my hands….. So you know Whether or not you become a good finance manager sitting in a finance class but you definitely become an expert in killing time in these two years……

One thing that I got to notice about the finance guys is that at the end of two years we either end up having an unshakeable faith in god that no matter how ruthless the villain standing before us is, but some how we would manage to survive or we end up losing faith in god completely believing that he has left helplessly before these jailors and Hitlers of our lives for two years to mess up the most beautiful years of our life without being considerate enough…..

This was just a trailer of what I’m put to everyday n not just me but each n every finance student but then can’t help…. All this is a part of game and if we happen to look at the positive side of it doesn’t matters that by the end of two years how good a finance manager we are but then we definitely become very good actors who are able to hide their true emotions and fake a very intellectual expression and then we become rock solid as human beings and can take up hours n hours of insult and humiliation without being even slightly affected and the list goes on……

Now that I’ve almost come to an end I hope I have been able to do justice to the description of the world’s most boring place in the most interesting manner possible…….

“In the fond memories of the young souls ruining their lives in the financial concentration camp”

No comments:

Post a Comment