Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My first 120

My First 120……

September 19th 2010…. Anything special about this date…. No… May be not for you but given a chance this would be one date I would love to write in golden letters… Now why is that… That’s coz on this day one of my wish from my wish list (which is indeed a very long list) came true…

Crazy has always been the right word to describe me… But when it comes to driving I’m super crazzzzyyyyy….. A long drive has always been a turn on for me… I simply enjoy the feel of being on the driver’s seat (in fact I have always considered the option of becoming a driver seriously… J). Since the first day of my car driving classes when I was supposed to be driving at a speed of 10 -15 I wanted to take that speedometer’s needle beyond that glorious number 100… I was a very quick learner during my driving lessons. In fact I finished my classes before the course duration… It has been some one and a half year or more since I learnt driving and since then I have been enjoying my heart out playing around with the staring wheel and it has been simply fun but the crowded roads and irritating traffic never allowed me to pull my speedometer’s needle beyond 80 and this used to make my heart ache like hell…

But as said by apna Gr8 SRK “Itni shiddad se maine tumhe paane ki koshish ki hai...ki har zarre ne mujhe tumse milane ki sazish ki hai. Kehte hain ki agar kisi chiz ko dil se chaho to puri kaynath usko tumse milane ki koshish main lag jaati hai….” And so did happen with me…

This Sunday that’s Sept 19th, dad planned a trip to ujjain and he even hired a driver who was supposed to drive us to & fro…. But then smooth roads, greenery all around, great foot tapping music and a superb highway and there my hands went itching… That was it… I asked the drive to stop right away and get down … Wasting no time I took control over the driver’s seat and the driver was actually sitting next to me with mom, dad and piyush sitting on the back seat, looking at me with astonishment first and then smiling over my stupidity…

So here we go… I just could not stop my feet pressing the accelerator hard… 80 crossed in the very first minute… 90, 95 and 100… YAY… Yup finally the needle touched that 100 which had always seemed so much beyond my reach… But greedy me… I wanted to go faster…. I wanted to simply fly… So I went on to increase the speed and it even crossed 120…. Isn’t it great but just then my dad remembered that he is not supposed to just enjoy the lovely ride rather he should be scolding me for driving so fast… So finally he decided to tell me to slow down but he just could not manage to scold (he always fails to do that, somehow my dad can never scold me, though he screw’s piyush big time)…. In fact every one was quite impressed by my driving…

Trust me when I crossed that bar of 100 it felt like I had captured the world for myself… Those roaring winds kissing your face…. Oh, it feels awesome… I was so excited and just then I decided that I would surely post it on my blog so that I can always remember this special date…

Hey if are you still wondering what was the driver doing all this while, then just to tell you, he was sitting next to me, enjoying the ride… He was more then happy and said he had never had such a trip before… See, I made the day unforgettable for him too…

5 comments:

  1. Gosh ! So the population in your town must have come down, na? and indirectly, the property rates too ! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya right... Wanna invest something in real estate out here... Seems this is the best time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. u were like waiting like anythign to drive again ven we were here.. must be enjoyin it to the fullest :) so how was the trip overall?? was it for omkareshwar? or somethign else?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops.. i meant mahakal in my previous comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ride was simply superb... The drip was also good... we went to mahakal and a number of other nearing temples... It was fun... :)

    ReplyDelete